The Crossroads Business Improvement Area is one of 13 BIA’s in Edmonton. The Crossroads BIA was established by City of Edmonton Bylaw #10919. We are a community of local business owners in Central Edmonton who have banded together to promote the economic development in our area. We are committed to supporting one another, our community, our schools and our not-for-profit organizations.
The Crossroads BIA is working to promote and celebrate our area’s rich history to attract local residents, the greater Edmonton community and tourists.
We are doing this by:
- Ensuring our streets are clean
- Making our area attractive and desirable to walk
- Working to make our neighborhoods safe
- Celebrating our rich and long historic area
- Keeping our community connected through communication and events
- Marketing our area as a welcoming place to visit, shop and connect on our website and social media
- Acting as a liaison between our businesses and the City of Edmonton
- Special events and festivals to attract people
- Business Recruitment
- Improving Open Spaces- parks, green spaces, etc
The Crossroads BIA is Edmonton’s original gathering place for local merchants.
- The Crossroads Business Improvement Area is a resourceful entity that attracts eclectic businesses, connects surrounding communities, and contributes to a safe, vibrant and diverse neighborhood.
- The Crossroads Business Improvement Area supports member businesses through program development by advocating to governments and other stakeholders, to create a vibrant and diverse place to work, shop and live.